Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday evening thoughts.

Well, there's not much to report on getting-ready-for-the-home-visit progress anymore since the majority of my "to-do" list is crossed off.  This weekend we bought and installed (hey, I can say "we" installed them, because I did help! haha) hardwired smoke detectors.  Oooooh, the excitement . . . I can hardly contain it, and you know you're jealous.  :)   We also bought a "safety kit" for our house, with outlet covers and door knob thingies and drawer latches to child-proof our home.  (Isn't child-proofing the house counterproductive?  I mean, we want another child here!)  It's amazing (but not really surprising) how "things" have changed in the last 15 years, since the last time we were in the market for baby stuff.  I'll go off on a tangent about car seats another time . . . I was honestly overwhelmed at the selection of, um, child safety mechanisms out there now!  Locks for the oven and the refrigerator, blind cord protector thingies, corner covers, and four different kinds of outlet covers . . . and this was just on the little end-cap at a home improvement store!  Another shopping trip is in our future, I guess.  However, I think we'll be alright for the home visit.  We do have to have some of the safety gear in place (or at least in possession) for the home visit.

I'm feeling a major decluttering snap coming on.  My goal this week is to attack the kitchen cabinets and get rid of everything I can get rid of.  The church rummage sale is coming up . . . :)  You can tell I've been looking at things on Pinterest again, because I want to get rid of almost everything in our house and start over.  You know, like completely redecorate.  HA!  It's not gonna happen.  But it's fun to think about.

Oh! We got the results of our water test, and everything is good!  No bacteria, nitrates within normal limits.  I think that was all we had tested.  Anyway, another piece of paper has been added to our "adoption stuff" folder.  I could probably fill another portfolio (or two) full of the paperwork we've had to fill out or come up with so far in the process.  Something tells me that wouldn't be as fun to decorate.

Well, the smoke detector in the kitchen works . . . and on a semi-related note, supper's ready!!  :)  Catch ya on the flip side.


2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you!!! Way to go. That little baby is going to be so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete