Friday, October 29, 2021

This is It. Now what?

I've been holding off on this one particular internet search for a few weeks now.  It feels like it's been a lot longer than a few weeks, but no, it's really only been about two weeks since COVID hit our house. 

But as a public service to you today, I'd like to strongly recommend that you do NOT Google-search for anything along the lines of, "What are the long-term effects of COVID?"

I'm taking a little poetic license in today's title, but only a tiny bit. I'm hoping the worst is over for our household.  I think it's safe to say the boy has recovered unscathed, and I'm pretty sure I've reached the "recovered" point as well.  I haven't even had any medication today, because I wanted to see how I'd do without it.  I feel like the meds are what messed my head up so much yesterday. I hate taking meds, even when I need them.  But today, I feel like I don't need them.  And the solid clunk of mucus that was the inside of my head is slowly starting to melt away now, but that's alright; I don't have a fever, I'm only coughing once in a great while (and it's a "normal person" cough!) and I barely have a headache anymore.  I don't feel completely back to pre-COVID normal, but I feel like this is as good as I'm going to get for now.

But I do have to admit that the whole COVID virus thing itself is fascinating.  What is it doing, exactly? Why did I lose my taste and smell?  Why did we all three catch this even though we've all been vaccinated, and why is it affecting us all differently?  Why did I have a fever but didn't feel like I had a fever?  What about the insomnia?  I have so many questions.  I want explanations.  I want to know more about this mysterious, crazy virus.  Mostly I want to know when I will feel completely like a normal person again, but I don't think anyone has that answer...

:)

In other news, we're one day closer to our closing date!  It will be weird to switch my brain to thinking of this place as the boy's place, and our new place as our place.  I feel like I should just still be able to show up here whenever I want, ha ha ha, like I still own the place or something.  I mean, we've lived here longer than we've lived anywhere else together, so that only makes sense.  But the idea that this won't be where we live anymore in a few weeks...weird. Hasn't really hit me yet.  I've been distracted by a few other things recently.  Ha. Ha. Ha.

Alright. I guess I'll sign off for now and see what the weekend brings!  Hopefully this brain fog goes away soon.  It's frustrating.  I feel like I've forgotten how to think.  That's not going to work for me.  You can keep my sense of taste and smell, but I really would like my sense of being able to think returned intact, tout suite, s'il vois plait.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment