Thursday, October 21, 2021

COVID day 4.

Well, today so far my temperature has not been above 100ºF oral...so, one point for me!

I also slept pretty well last night, too, which is a new thing for me.  Other people I've talked to have said they didn't have trouble sleeping when they had the Rona, but I have. Not last night, though.  Last night I slept comfortably and was not awakened by either coughing or a full bladder. Another point for me!

Still had the piercing headache when I got up, though.  Boo.  I was also feeling like my lungs hurt when I took a deep breath, so I decided I'd better spend as much time upright as possible today.  One of the last things I need is pneumonia.  

Anyway, I also decided to take a shower this morning.  The last time I took a shower was the day before yesterday, and it was a struggle then.  It wasn't much better today.  It's so frustrating that a simple thing like taking a shower is so tiring.  What is this virus doing to my body???  

I've spent a lot of time the last few days losing what little patience I had left for all the excuses there are for not getting the vaccine, not wearing masks, not social distancing, etc.  My personal favorite today is "I don't know what's in the vaccine."  Because suddenly people need to know every single component of everything they put in their body?  People who never gave a rat's ass about the specific chemicals they are willing to eat, drink, smoke, or otherwise expose themselves to are now suddenly concerned about receiving a vaccine that could save their life or the lives of those around them?  Pfffffft. Whatever.  

I will admit, I was not the first person in line to get the COVID vaccine when it became available.  I'm a skeptic, like so many others.  I knew I would ultimately end up getting the vaccine, but I didn't want to be the first one to offer up my arm.  I definitely knew I wanted to continue suggesting that my patients get the vaccine when able, and I didn't want to be a hypocrite.  And, I wanted to do whatever I could to help protect my parents and my mother-in-law and all of my other loved ones and acquaintances with compromised immune systems or other risk factors (including my asthmatic son).

Anyway, as I sit here with aching joints, a piercing intermittent headache that won't quit, sinus pain that feels like my facial bones have cracked into a thousand tiny pieces like the shell of an egg run over by a monster truck, frustrated because I can't even take a shower that includes conditioning my damn hair without needing to sit down and rest for 10 minutes afterward, I'm just annoyed with people who have a blase attitude about doing what they can to prevent this from happening to them.  I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else.  I have a shit ton of crap to get done in the next few weeks, I do NOT have time to be exhausted by doing literally nothing.

*deep, cleansing breaths*

Alright, then. Sitting upright makes me tired, though. I think I will sleep well again tonight.  I'm ready to go to bed right now, and it's only 6:40pm.  Watching TV has never been one of my favorite things.  The computer and the phone don't help my headache.  I am working on crocheting a leaf garland thingie for our new place, but I don't want to do too much crocheting because, hello, I'm breathing COVID breath all over everything.  So I'm definitely not going to work on any crochet projects for anyone else right now, either.  I look at the listing of our new place about once a day, but that's getting old now, too.   I've seen the pics.  I know what the pics look like.

It's funny, though, if you think about it.  Our new place, that is.  We looked at it once, and then made an offer. And it was one of the quickest showings I think we'd had this summer.  It honestly surprised me and, at the time, made me think that the hubby didn't like the place.  At other places, we would both look in all the closets and the cupboards, and make sure doors and drawers opened properly and such, and it felt like this one we just kinda zipped through.  (Which, I do want to add, had absolutely nothing to do with our realtor! He was always good about giving us as much time as we needed to look at whatever we wanted to see.  This time, as it turned out, the hubby knew what he was looking for and, having seen it, didn't feel the need to see more.)    My point being, it will be interesting when we get to see the place again, to see how well I remember it.  I was looking at it guardedly when we did look at it, because I didn't want to fall in love and get my heart broken again (figuratively of course), plus we still had another house to look at after that.  I don't know, it's hard to explain (especially with COVID cotton brain).  There's a hell of a lot of money and work and time involved in this transaction for a place we've only seen once and spent less than an hour looking at.  It better freaking work out.  :D

Alright, it's 7pm and my eyes are fuzzing over.  I'll catch y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment