I don't care.
It's still one of my favorite songs.
Speaking of songs, the other day at work, my roomie just out of the blue sang, "oo, ee, oo-ahh-ahh, ting, tang, walla-walla-bing-bang..."
This is not unusual in our office. Two of the three of us will randomly spew obscure lyrics at any given time. Most of the time, the other one who is given to spewing lyrics will be able to identify the song and continue singing.
In this case, I happily joined in. I love that song.
Then my roomie looked at me and asked, "What is that from?"
I thought she was kidding. She was the one who started singing it, for crying out loud! So I started singing the first verse.
"I told the witch doctor I was in love with you..."
She looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about. So I did the only natural thing. I kept singing.
"I told the witch doctor I was in love with you....and then the witch doctor, he told me what to do, he said, oo, ee, oo-aah-aah, ting, tang, walla-walla-bing-bang.."
Nope, still no recognition. So I had to take it to the next level.
I got out my phone and pulled it up on YouTube. And then all three of us were treated to a rousing two minutes and thirty-three seconds of The Witch Doctor by David Seville and the Chipmunks. And my roomie was, like, so impressed that I knew almost all of the words.
Of a song from 1958.
My talents, they are varied. No?
On a side note, I never realized that was a Chipmunks song.
Our poor other roomie, who is about the same age as my child, I think she thinks we're nuts. I asked her if she had ever heard that song before. I was pretty sure she hadn't. I was correct. It makes me want to ask my own child the same question.
Speaking of music, choir practice starts tonight! And guess who is joining the choir again? I think the last time I was in the choir was, IDK, a year or two ago. And by "a year or two" I mean a long time ago. Maybe before nursing school? I can't remember if it was before or after nursing school. Maybe after. But before I started my current job. So at least 10 years ago. Wow. Time flies.
I'm also on a worship team this year, and that practice is tonight, too. After choir practice. Go me! I have Things To Do After Work! We'll see how long I can keep this up.
Work has been kicking my ass lately. I can't tell if I'm getting burned out by the job itself, or just the workload. As in, I can't tell if I need a different job, or just modifications to the one I already have. I can't tell which I want, either. Some days I want a different job, some days I don't. Some days I really feel like this is my calling, this is where I'm meant to be right now and what I'm meant to be doing, and some days the drive gets to me and I feel like a broken record.
Do kids even know what that means anymore? Feeling like a broken record? Oh my gosh, I'm that person that says things and then says, "Do kids even konw what that means anymore?"
So I had the chance to go into a nursing home a few days ago. See, our church doesn't have a new pastor yet, and my hubby is still filling in for a lot of the pastor things (he's the church council president). It was the day for our church to do the Sunday service at the local nursing home. Local to the town where we used to live. Actually, it was the nursing home where I used to work when we lived there, when I first got back into nursing and was doing my generals before getting into the core classes at nursing school. Which was a LONG time ago, as in I'm sure none of the residents I took care of were there anymore. Ahem. And I was going to go inside, I really was. It was just my hubby and my friend slash our worship director doing the service, so I was going to help out or at least watch. But we got there, and I was like -- nope, can't do it. Even though it wasn't the same nursing home that my Dad was in, I just couldn't do it. Nursing homes are depressing, and I thought that before he ever moved into one. I couldn't go inside and look at the residents, because all I would see is my Dad. So, I waited out in the car. And I didn't even feel bad about it.
Alright, I'm gonna eat something real quick and then head up to church. TTYL!

No comments:
Post a Comment