Tuesday, September 14, 2021

If I had patience, I'd work in healthcare!

Wokka wokka wokka!

Well...we didn't get the house that I was blabbering about in my last blog posts. And you know what?  I'm okay with that.  I mean, I literally have to be, because it's not something I can change anyway, right?  

I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't beside myself with impatience yesterday.  Not knowing was very difficult.  For the most part, I was prepared to hear that we wouldn't get it, although a small part of me was hoping that we'd be chosen by some miracle.  It was kind of like the whole adoption thing again, oddly enough.  

But the house was beautiful!  It was almost too nice. I mean, I feel like I would've been living in someone else's house all the time.  It had beautiful built-in custom cabinets, and as my hubby said, everything was top of the line when it was built 22 years ago.  It was more than twice the size of our current house, and it was big and roomy but felt cozy and comfortable.  Oh, well.  I was sad for about 10 minutes.  I had tears in my eyes when I texted my friend that I felt like it was too nice for us, anyway.  (Of course she quickly corrected me and I know that's not actually the truth, but I felt like I had to say it and cry for a few minutes and get it out of my system. Done!)

It's so odd, though, isn't it?  How things work out.  How God works.  Y'all know I'm Christian and spiritual like that, so deal with it.  :D  When God closes a door, He opens a window.  I've been reminding myself that when God says "no" to what we think the plan should be, it's because He has something better planned.  And I tell you, after seeing that house, I was like -- I don't know how there could be anything better than this! We've looked at so many houses this summer, this last one was by far the nicest house we've seen. Like, we wouldn't have had to do ANY work to it, just move in and sit back and enjoy not having to do any home projects for a while.  I can't even imagine what that's like.  

But, just when you think there's no other option, God taps you on the shoulder and reminds you that He's in control.  Not my will, but His.  Always, always, always.  If that ain't the story of my life, I don't know what is...

No comments:

Post a Comment