Monday, March 29, 2021

Come out, come out, wherever you are...


...at exactly 1:01pm CST on Saturday, March 27, 2021.  

I felt great the rest of the day! My arm barely hurt at all.  The trick to IM shots is to focus on relaxing that muscle...it makes such a huge difference.  It also makes it so much easier for the person giving you the injection.  Honestly.

At about 1:30am on Sunday morning, I woke up feeling dizzy and nauseated. Not enough to get up, just enough to wake me up and then for me to lay there perfectly still and wait until it passed so I could go back to sleep.  Could've been from the shot, could've been dehydration. Who knows.

Sunday morning I woke up and my arm hurt.  But I slept on that side, because that's the side I sleep on, and it didn't hurt when I was sleeping on it.  No biggie.  I'm groggy when I get out of bed anyway, so I didn't notice anything else.  Got up, took a shower, got dressed, drove to church for drive-in church.  By the time we got back home, I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck.  I felt feverish (meaning I was really cold but my skin was hot), my body ached all over, my eyes hurt, and I just wanted to do absolutely nothing.  I take that back; I wanted to cry, but that seemed unreasonable, so I sat in my recliner, bundled up under my favorite blanket for as long as I could stand it, then I took some Dayquil.  

You have to know something about me: I absolutely HATE that feeling that I'm coming down with the flu. And that is exactly what I felt like.  Not actually sick enough to be sick, but not feeling good enough to do anything.  I even kept telling myself that I wasn't really sick, it was just from the vaccination, but that didn't matter.  I hate body aches. I hate feeling tired.  I hate low-grade fever.  The only reason I didn't go to bed after we got home from church was, three things:  for one, I wanted to crochet.  I'm working on a couple of shawls right now, and also, crocheting makes me happy.  Two: the Bristol dirt race!! and Three: our new laptops were supposed to be delivered yesterday.  I could put up with a little discomfort knowing I could distract myself with crocheting, racing, and a new laptop.

But then the race was called off, postponed until today.  Due to rain. Grrrr!  I mean, whatever.  I could still crochet, and wait for our laptops to be delivered.  The FedEx app said they'd be delivered by the end of the day.  I could wait.  I really wanted to go upstairs and crawl into bed and sleep my discomfort away, but nope, I could stay awake and get some crocheting done.  And wait.  And check the FedEx app every half hour to see if there were any updates on when exactly they'd be here.

And then, when the "expected delivery time" on the app changed from "end of day" back to "pending", I really could have cried.  The DayQuil had worn off by then, and I just wasn't in the mood for anything. I felt just rotten and horrible and shortly thereafter went up to bed where I couldn't get comfortable or warm enough, and my hubby kept trying to pull the blankets off of me because my skin was hot but I was getting mad because I was freezing.  

Anyway. I'm feeling a lot better today.  I'm super glad I don't have to go through that again (because I got the vaccine that only requires one dose -- YAY ME!) and also glad that I can now stop feeling like I'm not a team player for being an unvaccinated nurse.  

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment