Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Worst Things That Happened in 2020

 I've been putting off writing about this for a few days, because I know that writing about it will make me remember painful things.  Things that are already bringing tears to my eyes, and I'm not even finished with the second sentence yet.  And then I remembered -- hey! This is my blog, I can write as much or as little as I want.  For once, I'm going to choose the latter. 😁

I would say the three worst things that happened [to me personally] in 2020 are as follows:

#3: My Dad was in the hospital. I detailed that a few entries ago, not gonna repeat it again here;

#2: The Flood.  There have been times in the past when our yard has flooded -- it does that just about every year.  But I hope to never, ever experience the horror of opening the basement door and seeing water just a few steps away from the top of the landing.  It was the summer of mud around here.  That stuff was everywhere, forever.  

And the very worst thing that happened this year was that we had to have Luger put to sleep.  I hate saying "put to sleep" because that's not true.  He was put to death.  And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment