Thursday, January 14, 2021

The Best Events That Really Were in 2020

Alright, we're going to be into February by the time I get done recapping 2020 at this rate.  

I'm not complaining! I'm just saying. I like to write. And write some more.  

But in the interest of maybe saving some time, I'm going to now turn the tables and list some of the GOOD things that happened in 2020. In no particular order.  Maybe.

* My baby boy graduated... from college!!  Yep, the boy now has a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.  He's got a more advanced degree than I do.  I'm so proud!! He graduated with honors, too.  Magna Cum Laude, I believe.  

*My baby boy also moved back home :)  Which has been mostly good for all of us.  It's taken some adjusting.  His plan is to pay off his student loans and then move out on his own again.  

* My baby boy (I'll quit calling him that some day.  He just turned 23 years old yesterday.) also got his first "big boy" job!  Let's see; he moved back home at the end of May, and set about applying for jobs. Online of course. Long story short, he started working in July.  That's going well so far.  He's now working every other week from home.

* Speaking of working from home, I get to do that now!  I mentioned that in an earlier entry, though.  I'm still counting it as a Good Thing That Happened in 2020.

* ...and because of that, my brand new 2020 Equinox that I got in November 2019 (to replace the Cruze that we paid off and then gave to the boy as an early graduation present) has a lot fewer miles on it than I thought it would so far :D  I was putting 25k miles per year on the Cruze. 90 miles per day round trip x 5 days per week work commutes will do that. But now? I've been driving the Equinox for 14 months and only have 16k miles on it.  DEFINITE win!!

* I got to spend more time with my dogs!  This will become especially important in a later entry for One Of, If Not The Very Worst Things That Happened in 2020, but I don't want to bring that up yet. Oh my gosh, they loved having me working from home.  During the summer, they could go outside all they wanted. Max loves outside (it's his favorite side) and I think he spent most of his days out there.  Luger loved laying on the deck long enough to get too hot, and then he'd come inside to cool down and then he'd go back outside again.  And I felt a lot less guilty because I wasn't leaving them home alone all day every day.

* I almost forgot -- the kittens!!  And Daisy!!  It must've been late spring/early summer or so, we started seeing an elusive black and white cat around. It was very skittish but we were all trying to get it to come closer to us.  It seemed to get along with our tom cat, Bo, well enough.  One day I saw the black and white cat crawling into one of the tractor tires we have in the side yard (the one I intend to plant with flowery crap, someday) and I thought, Damn, I hope it didn't have a litter of kittens in there.

Guess what?  It did have a litter of kittens in there.  Four of them.  Teeny tiny things that looked like they had just opened their eyes and learned to wobble around. Long story short (again), they all have the best homes possible now and they're all spoiled little princesses (yes, they were all girls).  And the elusive black and white cat is now Princess Daisy who loves to beg for food and attention and thinks she belongs in the house.  We named her Daisy because Bo is named after Bo from the Dukes of Hazzard. We originally had Bo and his brother Luke, but Luke went AWOL a few years ago. So in keeping with the themed names, we went with Bo's other cousin, Daisy. Who prances around like a little princess. She's so stinking cute.

Alright, that's all I've got for tonight.  I'm off to have some leftover ice cream birthday cake, play some Candy Crush, and get ready for bed.  Nighty-night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment