Monday, December 28, 2015

Letting go...

Well...thank you for all of the prayers, well-wishes, happy thoughts, words of encouragement, support, hugs, prayers, and any other kind of emotional expression you have shared with us over the last four years or so, on our adoption journey.

Our journey is over, but please don't be sad.  We're not.

It wasn't an easy decision to make, but just as strongly as we all felt that we were doing the right thing four years ago or so when we started attending informational sessions and gathering information on how to be involved in the domestic newborn adoption program, know that we now feel this is the right thing to do.  We've cancelled our contract with the adoption agency.  We've pulled our portfolios; in fact, they're both sitting in an envelope, on my desk, as I write this.

I don't know why we were never "chosen", but I do know that there is a lesson in all of this.  I don't know what that lesson is yet, but I still know that we're going through exactly what God wants us to go through.  His timing is always perfect, His plans are always flawless.  He blessed us with one child of our own, and that child is more than we could have ever dreamed of having.  I know I'm biased because I'm a proud mom and all, but seriously: we are truly blessed, far beyond our wildest dreams.  Our son is healthy, happy, super smart, talented, and truly and completely the apple of my eye.  I have always felt kind of weird for wanting another child, when the one we have already was the answer to so many prayers.

Like I said to DH a few weeks ago...we tried.  We did our best, but it wasn't meant to be.  I could run through the "what if"s until I'm blue in the face, but what's the point of that?!

So, thank you again, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, for all of the support you've given us on this journey.  Please continue to pray for those families who are still waiting, and those families who are finding themselves in unplanned situations where they aren't sure what to do next.

All of our love,
T, P, & S

No comments:

Post a Comment