Tuesday, March 8, 2022

It's like raaaaaaain on your wedding day...

You know what's cruel?

Well, lots of things are cruel, but I'm referring to two specific things that are probably more along the lines of ironic than cruel.  "Cruel" sounds kind of harsh.  

I love trees.  For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of living in the country, surrounded by trees.  They're just so beautiful and perfect!  I love them in the springtime when the new leaves start to bud, and I love them in the summer when they're full and gorgeous and provide all kinds of shade and green-ness everywhere, and I love them in the autumn when everyone else loves them, too, and I even love them in the winter because no matter how cold and snowy and icy it gets out there, they stand tall and ride out the storm until spring when they show signs of life again.  (Well, a lot of them do, anyway.)  There's a message in there for all of us, isn't there?  But, I digress; I love just being amongst the trees.  It's my favorite part of camping, and going Up North.  

The irony is that my hubby is allergic to trees.  So many trees.  He had allergy testing done last year, and there were so many different kinds of trees listed on his "reactive" report (or whatever it was called, I don't remember, that sounds pretty official tho).  The trees that I love so much are trying to suffocate my beloved soulmate.  It's not okay!

You know what else I love? Animals.  Mostly dogs and horses and okay I'll admit that I like cats, too.  I didn't grow up with cats.  Not that I didn't like them, but we were a Dog Household and never had cats.  I got my first cat, 7 (yes, his name was 7 -- no, I didn't name him), after I moved into my first apartment, because I couldn't have a dog.  I've had dogs all of my life, and probably hopefully always will.  I didn't grow up with horses, either.  I adopted Nic about, oh my gosh, 19 years ago?!? So maybe I did grow up with her, ha! ha!  Anyway...you get the point.  

The irony here is that my son is allergic to animals.  All of the animals.  He's never had allergy testing done, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the reason he starts wheezing and itching after he touches one of the pets is because he's allergic to them.  I used to blame the fact that we didn't have inside cats anymore on Luger, but it was really the boy's fault (kidding! Mostly.) Ok, I'm not kidding.  I can't have my baby boy mainlining diphenhydramine constantly.  The irony for him is that he likes cats.  But he can only pet them in the winter, when he's wearing gloves and a coat and a scarf...;)

Alright, that's all for now.  TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment