Friday, June 25, 2021

Journaling is good for your health. Who knew?!

 

According to this article that I just read, journaling is good for your health, if you're a nurse.  According to this article that I sort of skimmed over, journaling is good for your health, if you have depression and anxiety.  And just for the sake of inclusion, I even found an article that says journaling is good for everyone.  Because on the internet, you can find articles that say just about anything you want, whether you like it or not.  

So in my last entry, you learned that I used to draw. I suppose I still can draw, I just haven't tried for a while. I made the progression from line drawings of horses all facing the same direction to line drawings of cars when I got a little older and my interests changed. Come to think of it, I probably had the tendency to draw the cars facing left, as well.  I mean, that's what you see when you're going to the driver's door, right correct?  Who cares what the passenger side looks like! I can't say for sure, though. My point being, the last time I tried drawing something was probably 5-10 years ago. I was back to horses then, and some dogs, and a few cats.  Facing all sorts of directions ;)  I like to think I got better but who knows?  It's fun, but I find I have the same issue with drawing as I do with coloring: I don't always have the patience to sit there and carefully make thousands of tiny lines that have to be just perfect.  And they DO have to be just perfect.  That's why I've only tried to draw people maybe three times in my life?  If you get one little proportion off, forget about it.  I don't want to be responsible for creating monsters.  Maybe that's why I only have one child (ha! ha! ha!).

Oddly enough, I've never been one to draw in my journals.  I've seen examples of other journals where people make them all cute and scrapbook-like and such, but that's never been my style.  My style has always been freeflow, write whatever is on my mind at that moment and be done, or sort out my thoughts kind of thing.  When I started journaling waaaaaaay back when, I never intended for anyone ever to see anything I ever wrote.  Then again, I was, like, 12 years old or something and I would have oh my gawd just like totally died if I'd have known then that one day I'd be, like, writing a journal and posting it online for, like, everyone to read, or something.

Anyway...working from home today.  I suppose, lunch break is now over and I should get back to work.  TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment