Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Everyone's a critic.

 

critique: verbevaluate (a theory or practice) in a detailed and analytical way.

This has been a critical week for me. 

First of all, on my plate for the last 30 days or so has been the bane of my existence, three words that together have driven a fear straight to the core of my being, the likes of which I've never felt before and hope to never feel again: meaningful use audit.

*shudder*

Most people outside of healthcare workers don't have a clue what Meaningful Use is all about.  Heck, most people in healthcare don't have a clue what Meaningful Use is all about, either.  But I do!  More than I ever thought I would know.  

And even though I've only been immersed in the world of Meaningful Use for about 5 years, I'm pretty confident in my knowledge.  BUT, the idea of having that knowledge put under the microscope and scrutinized by the very people who are responsible for creating the program, scares the bejeebus out of me, just a little.  As is par for the course, things didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted them to, but I managed to pull it all together (OK, it wasn't a solo effort -- my manager was a huge help) and submit everything at almost the last minute.  And breathed a HUGE sigh of relief once I got that email confirming that everything had been received.

As if that wasn't bad enough, last Friday I got an email requesting a meeting for my annual review.  UGH!  I hate the annual review!  I get so anxious about it. I was a nervous wreck all weekend.  No matter how much I tell myself that it'll be fine, that I always worry about it (it's true -- every job I've ever had) and it always turns out fine (it's true -- every job I've ever had), I just get so nervous that something unexpected will come up.  Nothing unexpected ever comes up.  I can tell myself 25 times a day that nothing unexpected will come up because if there were any issues, I'd already know about them, but I will still worry that something unexpected will come up.  Something horrible. Something that will make me lose my job.  That has never happened.  And sure enough, it didn't happen this time, either.  

So...those two things are out of the way, and it should be Friday but it's only Wednesday. But tomorrow's Thursday, and on Friday after work we're going out of town for the weekend to one of my favorite places on Earth, and then next Monday I have a doctor's appointment which I'm actually looking forward to because it means there's hope on the horizon, and next Tuesday I have the day off of work because I have an appointment with my tattoo artist!!!!  I haven't seen him for a few years.  We are looooooong overdue.  ;)

On that note, I'm going to sign off and get some more crocheting done. TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment