Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Let go and let God?


Here's a fun fact that not many people know about me.  Well, I guess in a few seconds I won't be able to say that anymore, but that's my own fault for having the bright idea to share this random fact that has nothing to do with what's actually on my mind, but it's a nice random non-fiction segue that popped into my head while I was searching for an image to use for today's entry.

I used to be afraid of balloons.  "Afraid" isn't really an accurate description; they made me feel squeamish and nauseated and gave me what I can only describe as the heebie-jeebies.  I didn't want to see them, I didn't want to touch them, and I certainly did not want them filled with helium and tied to my wrist so they could follow me around like some sort of creepy brightly-colored awkward stalker.  

But everybody thinks kids love balloons, and I didn't want to seem weird, so I never said anything.  Besides, it wasn't the brand-new, sufficiently-filled balloons that I had the most beef with.  It was when they started losing their helium and would just kind of float around the house and end up in odd places that they started creeping me out. Or when they'd get misshapen.  Or, if someone was blowing one up and purposely over-inflated it so it popped.  Or if it was underinflated and they squeezed it so it made all sorts of weird aneurysm-type shapes (of course I didn't think of them as aneurysms at the time, but I don't know how else to describe them now).  

I don't know if this is coincidental or not, but it took me a long time to be able to actually blow up balloons as well.  Re-thinking it now, I'm pretty sure it was NOT coincidental. I'm still not a huge fan of balloons, but they don't gross me out anymore, and I can blow them up without any issues, and they don't make me want to puke.  I'm just indifferent, I guess.  I care about them now about as much as I care about, say, streamers...which is to say, not at all.  But back in the day, latex balloons filled with helium filled me with all kinds of dread.

In other news, I'm feeling pretty much better now.  I'm just tired all the time.  I never did have a fever like I did the other 2 times I had the 'vid, which is good.  My hubby never caught it this time, either.  I just had a few days of feeling "icky" for lack of a better term, and now I'm tired.  I'm still working from home, I go back to the office on Friday.  I'm so lucky to have a job in nursing where I can work from home!  

I also wanted to say that just because I do a lot of emotional posting and venting in my blog, doesn't mean that good and wonderful things aren't happening in my life, too.  Most of the time when I blog, it's to get things that are bothering me off my mind -- and why would I want to get the good things off my mind?!  💓  It always kind of surprises me when people respond to things they've read in my blog, because -- well, for one thing, I always kind of forget that other people actually read what I write.  And for another thing, sometimes there's a bit of a delay between when I write and when I post.  Sure, last week all I was all emotional about cleaning out the garage, but oh my gosh, that was so last week; this week I have something else bothering me that I have to write about so I can move on.  (Slight exaggeration.)  

One good thing that's coming up in a month is that the hubby and I are going to a NASCAR race!  We haven't done that for a few years; I miss it.  I think the last one we went to was at Road America, when we went camping and the bearing went out and we were stranded at the campground and then the camper ended up being in the shop the whole rest of the summer.  Wasn't that in the first year of COVID?  I know I wrote about it in here, but I don't feel like looking right now.  It might've been 2021 instead.  Regardless, we're going to the final race of the season, at Phoenix, and we'll be there one month from today!!  And I will be sad because it will be the last race that my man Kevin Harvick will be racing in, because he's retiring this year :(.  He's not even in contention for the championship this year.  But I don't care about that.  I've seen him win a race.  I hope I get to see him win another!

Another good thing is, remember a few entries ago when I said that my new provider started me on Ozempic?  That was way before the crap with my Dad started this summer.  That was back in March.  Well, I've still been on Ozempic through all of this and...drum roll please...I have lost a total of 47 pounds since starting Ozempic!  My BMI has gone from 37, which was Obese Category 2, to 29.1, which is Overweight. The size 18 jeans I was wearing back in March literally fall off me now.  I can see my kneecaps and my ankles!!  It's so weird.  And I'm not done yet, I still have 40 pounds to go to be at my goal weight (which is smack-dab in the middle of the "normal" BMI range for my height).  I hope to be there by March 2024.  Not that being on Ozempic has been horrible, but I can't be on it forever.  I mean, literally I can't be on it forever because once I'm at a "normal" BMI I won't qualify for it anymore. Ha ha ha.  Anyway...

I better get back to work. Break's over.  I didn't even vent this time!! Will have to make up for it next time.  Insert evil laughter here! 'Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment